Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Before Baby Bucket List

 
Grandbabies #7 & #8 due a day apart
Ended up being 8 days apart
and both boys!
My friend whose shower was I blogged about in the fall has a date for her C-section!  It made me think of when I found out I was going to be induced; happy, scared, excited, scared, nervous, did I mention scared?  When I was pregnant with baby D I went in for my appointment a few days after my due date which was on a Friday. My sister-in-law who was due the day before me (that story deserves another post all itself) beat me to the punch hospital and had given birth the Sunday before.  I will never forget the feeling when the doctor told me, "We are going to schedule your induction for Monday."  WHAT?  It's one thing to get pregnant and know you are going to have a baby but it's another thing when you KNOW you are going to have a baby on MONDAY.  (Insert panic here.)  On a not so scary note my mother-in-law who was with me (my mom came down with the flu right before my appointment) ask when the doctor when he thought the baby was going to be born and the doctor said, "hmm 4:23pm".  Sweet D entered this world at 4:32pm, think he's been doing this for a while?

Nosy Rosie's Before Baby Bucket List
1. Go on a Babymoon
We did not do this but if you have the money and time - treat yo self!  
2.  Clean your house
You will never have time to do this again... and I mean never again.  Speaking of skip my must have baby shower list and just ask for a maid service!
3.  Manicure and Pedicure
Please complete after #2.  This is a crucial step that is not to be skipped.  No one is paying attention to you after this baby is born but you are always the one holding the baby.  Even though your head is cut off in the picture your nails got to look good holding that sweet new baby!
4.  The Last Supper
Andy and I went to Michael Simon's "The B Spot".  It was a long hour wait for a table, clearly not something we could do once we have a baby in tow!  And yes we did get the bacon milkshake and it was amazing.
5.  Enjoy your last days baby-less 
Your world will never be the same but in the most wonderful way possible!  All the super cheesy things people are saying to you about becoming a mama are totally true.

#3 
        Good luck Lauren we can't wait to meet Baby T! 

No comments:

Post a Comment