Friday, February 3, 2012

60 years and goin' strong

My grandparents just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.  60 YEARS!  They are the sweetest people you will ever meet.  I was very picky about which friends and boyfriends throughout the years got the privilege to meet these amazing people.  I was a bit protective, I wouldn't let just anyone meet them!  My grandpa was an Iron Worker that built many of the famous buildings in Northeast Ohio (The Jake, Football Hall of Fame, The Plain Dealer and so on).  My heart swells with pride when I drive into Cleveland knowing my grandpa (and a few other relatives) helped build that city.  My grandma was the best waitress giving her customers a warm feeling by putting a smiley face in the R of Rose in her signature on all of her checks.  They've lived in the same farmhouse since they were married.  I find it to be the most magical place on earth.  It housed their 5 children, hundreds of holidays, the best sledding in the Midwest, as well as the ultimate annual garage sale that is more organized then most department stores you've been to.  Their love for their family shines.  They sat through numerous games when I was a cheerleader and helped move me into my various college apartments.  My roommates were always impressed with my grandma's cooler full of sandwiches, condiments, chips and pop and grandpa's tool box full of everything we would ever need to get our new place put together.  I could go on forever about how awesome they are and how much I love them.  I can't thank them enough for the amazing example they have set for our family.  Not only have they been married for 60 years, they have been HAPPILY married for 60 years and it shows.  Andy and I hope to have half as much happiness as they have.  Here of some pictures from their party last night.
Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!

Andy's height really gives it away he's an in-law

The Original 7

My Mama


Our genes are strong...I mean real strong

 Oh and another thing they always have ho-hos in the freeze ready to snack on!

No comments:

Post a Comment